Key Features of Xiomi Redmi Note 3:
- 5.5 inch IPS display with 1080p full hd resolution
- Mediatek MT6795 octa-core processor
- 2GB (16GB model) or 3GB (32GB model) of RAM
- 13MP back camera with dual-LED flash
- 5 MP front camera
- MIUI v.7 custom ROM based on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop
- 16GB or 32GB storage options
- 4,000 mAh battery
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 is the latest edition to the Xiaomi line of affordable but impressive smartphones. Redmi Note 3 is the successor to the already popular Redmi Note 2.
OS and Processor
The smartphone powered by a 64-bit 1.8GHz hexa-core MediaTek Snapdragon 650 chipset is equipped to deliver uninterrupted performance. The 16GB version comes with 2GB of RAM while the 32 GB version comes equipped with 3GB RAM. Wrapped under Android 5.1 Lollipop, the Redmi Note 3 runs on MIUI 7 custom android OS.
The smartphone flaunts a bright display with full HD resolution on 5.5-inch touchscreen. There is also an option where you can change the resolution or optimize it as per your reading mode. It features a huge 4,000 mAh battery which is essential considering the power it is packing and should be enough to get you through the day with moderate to heavy usage. It is available in gold, silver and grey colours with a full metal unibody design to give more premium feel to this Redmi Note 2 successor. The best part about this is all these features are packed into just 8.65 mm thick phone.
Camera and Storage
The front facing camera is mere 5 megapixel which considering the price tag of under Rs 10,000 sounds okay enough but if you are looking become selfie king/queen, it may disappoint you. However, the rear 16 megapixel rear camera can capture superb shots both in daylight and not so bright environments with its phase detection autofocus support and dual-LED flash.
The good thing about Redmi Note 3 connectivity is that it comes with 4G support which has started gaining traction in India. Other connectivity features include Bluetooth 4.1, Wi-Fi 802 a/b/g/n/ac, GPS and a microUSB 2.0 port.
- Fingerprint sensor for chip level security
- Bigger 4050mah battery means more performance and less charging
- Next Gen Adreno 510 Graphics Processor
- Full metal uni body design
- Purchase available only by registration
- Front glass is not scratch resistant
- No microsd slot, so limited storage options
- No NFC
- Battery is not removable
In more than one way the Redmi Note 3 is no different than Note 2 but the added premium features like fingerprint scanner, bigger battery and full metal body surely makes it a better buy than its predecessor.