Few years back we only had a limited choice when we needed a new smartphone under Rs. 15,000. But today there are vast number of choices available for someone looking to buy a new phone under 15,000 Rs. in India.
There are also some smartphones now which comes with 3 GB RAM and that too under 15,000 Rs.budget in India. But you should also look towards brand value as after sales service is the main concern of some manufacturers in India. Below is a comparison of best android smartphones under Rs. 15,000 in India
Within Rs. 15,000 budget you can expect a phone to be powered with latest Snapdragon processors capable of playing most of the high intensive games and softwares. Also, within this budget 4G phone wouldn’t be a problem too. If you are looking for gaming phone under 15,000 Rs. then make sure you choose a smartphone with higher capacity battery which will last longer while you play your favorite games.
1. Moto G Plus 4th Gen (Rs 14,999)
- 5.5 inch Display with resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels, 401 ppi pixel density and Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Finger print reader
- Android v6.0.1 Marshmallow
- 1.5 GHz Snapdragon 617 octa core processor and 550 MHz Adreno 405 GPU
- 16 Megapixel Primary Camera with dual LED Flash
- 5 Megapixels Secondary Camera with display flash
- Dual micro sim (4G+3G)
- 3 GB RAM with 32GB internal memory expandable up to 128GB
- 3000 mAh battery with TurboPower charging (6 hours of power in 15 min of charging)
Why buy Moto G 4th Gen? Moto G 4th Gen is priced in the same bracket as the chinese offerings under Rs. 15,000. The phone is powered by Snapdragon 617 chipset with adreno 405 GPU and coupled with 3 GB RAM. The octacore processor is optimized to provide smooth gaming and browsing experience with zero lag in day to day usage. The strong selling point of Moto G 4th Gen is its camera which is the best under the price of Rs. 15,000. The 16 MP pimary camera produces much natural Pictures compared to others phones in the same price bracket and f2.0 apperture lens coupled with laser assist autofocus produces quick but high quality pics. The 5MP front facing camera is also capable to provide good pictures even in low light. The phone runs on Android v6.0.1 Marshmallow out of the box which is a plus point for many users who doesn’t want an outdated android OS. The 3000 mAh battery gets the job done for the full day and TURBOCHARGER is a unique selling point which most phones lack. It gets fully charged within 1 hour and 40 minutes. Internal memory is huge at 32GB which is expandable upto 128 GB by adding a micro sd card.
Overall the latest phone in Moto G Series will keep you busy with its features. Features wise similar specifications are offered by chinese manufacturers within similar price bracket but for 14,999 and history of sturdy Moto G series you can go wrong on this one.
2. Xiaomi Mi 4 (Rs. 14,999)
Key Specifications of Xiaomi Mi 4
- 5-inch capacitive touchscreen with IPS HD resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels and 441 ppi pixel density
- Android v4.4.4 Kitkat
- 2.5GHz Snapdragon 801 CPU with Adreno 330 GPU
- 13MP primary camera with support of 4K UHD video recording
- 8MP front facing camera
- Single Sim
- 3 GB RAM with 16GB internal memory
- 3080mAH lithium-polymer battery
If you are not looking for a dual sim phone but RAM is your main priority, then under Rs. 15,000 price Mi 4 is yet another good choice. This 5-inch smartphone is powered by a 2.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 Quad Core Processor which is complimented by 3 GB of RAM to provide you outstanding performance while playing games or even mutitasking without having to compromise on speed and face lagging issues. Unlike Moto G Turbo it comes with a 8 MP front camera and the rear 13 MP camera is good snapper too. The 3080mAH lithium-polymer battery is another added advantage that can keep you going all day on your smartphone without having to worry about battery backup. With only Rs. 3,000 more that Moto G Turbo you are getting 1 GB additional RAM, 8MP front facing camera for those hot selfies and a bigger battery. We can safely say that Xiaomi Mi 4 is the best phone under 15,000 Rs which you can buy right now.
3. ASUS Zenfone 2 ZE551ML (Rs. 14,999)
Key Specifications of ASUS Zenfone 2 ZE551ML
- 5.5-inch IPS HD capacitive touchscreen with screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Android v5.0 Lollipop operating system
- 1.8GHz Intel Atom Z3580 quad core processor
- 13MP primary camera with dual LED flash
- 5MP front facing camera
- 4GB RAM with 16GB internal memory which can be expanded upto 64GB
- Dual SIM support (GSM+GSM)
- 3000mAH lithium-polymer battery
ASUS Zenfone 2 ZE551ML is the only mobile under 15,000 Rs. which comes with 4GB RAM. So if you are an extreme multitasker then this phone will suit you. 1.8GHz Intel Atom Z3580 which is a quad core processor powers this phablet. Rear Camera is 13 MP with dual flash and front is 5 MP. Battery is good at 3000mAH and it also supports dual sim. However Intel Atom processor is known to suck at battery management. So, if you don’t have any problem with charging your phone everyday then you can buy this phone or else you can also take a look at Xiaomi Mi 4 above which is similarly priced but is powered by snapdragon processor and also packs a front 8 MP selfie camera.
4. OnePlus X (Rs 14,999)
Key Specifications of OnePlus X
- 5 inch AMOLED Full HD display(1080 x 1920) with Gorilla Glass 3 and 441 PPI pixel density
- Android Lollipop 5.1.1 based Oxygen OS
- 2.3 GHz Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor
- 13MP primary camera with f/2.2 Aperture
- 8MP front facing camera with f/2.4 Aperture
- 3GB RAM with 16GB internal memory which can be expanded upto 128GB
- Dual SIM support (4G+4G)
- 2,525 mAh Lithium Polymer battery
For the price OnePlus X offers superb features like quad core processor, Full HD display,
Gorilla Glass 3, 3GB RAM, 13 MP primary camera and 8 MP front camera for perfect selfies. However Xiaomi Mi 4 offers same specifications at the same price tag but with an added high capacity battery. Both smartphones are of good build quality and the final decision to choose the best mobile under Rs. 15,000 from both these phones depends on the buyer choice. In the end if you need that extra battery power then go for Xiaomi Mi 4 or buy OnePlus X if you like its looks better than Xiaomi.
5. Lenovo Vibe S1 (12,999)
Key Specifications of Lenovo Vibe S1
- 5-inch IPS HD capacitive touchscreen with resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixel
- Android v5 Lollipop operating system
- 1.7GHz MT6752 octa core processor
- 13MP primary camera with dual color flash
- Two front cameras, 8MP front facing camera and 2 MP front facing camera
- 3GB RAM with 32GB internal memory which can be expanded upto 128GB
- Dual SIM support (4G+3G)
- 2420mAH lithium polymer battery
Lenovo Vibe S1 is the first phone in the world with a dual front-facing cameras of 8MP and 2MP.
The 8 megapixel camera at the front is a good camera for taking selfies and the second 2 megapixel camera collects 3D depth of the image and stores it. For processing it is powered by a 1.7GHz MT6752 quad core processor with 3GB RAM. Internal memory is good with 32GB internal storage and can be expanded upto 128GB with micro sd card. Battery life of 2420mAH is also at par with other phone under the same budget. Overall if you are looking for a best budget selfie phone under 15,000 Rs. then Lenovo Vibe S1 is the phone to buy.
6. Moto G Turbo (Rs, 12,499)
- 5-inch HD Touchscreen with resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels and Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- IP67 Certified Water resistance against water and dust
- Android v5.1.1 Lollipop which can be upgraded to Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- 1.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon octa core processor
- 13 Megapixel Primary Camera with dual LED Flash
- 5 Megapixels Secondary Camera
- Dual 4G Sim
- 2 GB RAM with 16GB internal memory
- 2470 mAh lithium-ion battery
Why buy Moto G Turbo Edition? Moto G turbo is priced around Rs. 12,500 and considering the price it comes with a 5-inch touch screen with latest Android Lollipop operating system which you can upgrade to Android 6.0 Marshmallow when the update becomes available. It has a 13 Megapixel Primary Camera with f2.0 lens and dual-LED flash with 5 Megapixels Secondary Camera which is capable to provide very nice images. See our Moto G Turbo Sample Images page to check the image quality. Powered by a 1.5 GHz Snapdragon Octa Core Processor wont let you down when you need performance and extra power while playing a high intensity game. Coupled with dual sim, Wi-Fi and 4G connectivity you won’t feel disconnecd for sure. Moto G Turbo comes with only 2 GB of RAM but for the price tag we think it’s all right. If you are looking for phones under 15,000 with better RAM, then you also grab 3GB RAM phones by paying a little extra. Internal memory is 16 GB which is expandable upto 32 GB by adding a micro sd.
Overall it’s a phone with a solid build, is dust and water resistant, packs a good processor and battery. For 12,500 this is a superb value for money phone priced under 15,000 Rs.
Deciding on buying best phone under Rs 15,000:
Most of the the best phones under Rs 15,000 will come with good high quality display and Full HD resolution of 1080p . You can even find high quality Snapdragon 801 snapdragon processor to as low as Snapdragon 615 processor. The best part is if you are buying an android phone under Rs. 15000 you may very well find models equipped with even 3GB RAM which is kind of necessary today when it comes to android operating system. As for connectivity with most companies switching to 4G , a phone with 4G is must. Lastly, dont buy a phone just on the basis of camera quality if you are a casual photographer because most of the android camera phones under 15,000 Rs. are capable enough to provide decent picture quality with stock settings. However if you are looking to very high quality pictures do check image camera quality through sample shots.Also if you like to take selfies quite often make sure you buy a smartphone with good front camera.